If you want the book, here’s the page
Q: How nervy is Chris Lydle to think he’s got all the answers?
A: I don’t know all the answers, but I’ve been in the photo industry for a long time and in the photo booth business since 2009.
From 1974 until 2017 I operated Chris’ Camera Centers in New Jersey and South Carolina. I added photo booths, almost as a lark, in 2009.
When I “retired” from the camera shop side I kept the photo booth business because I truly enjoy it.
Some other credentials:
- Long-time chair of the Certified Photographic Consultants Society
- Past President, Digital Imaging Marketing Association
- Past President, Photo Marketing Association Dixie Division
- Publisher of the Photo Image News Network
- Editor of the McCurry Marketing Idea Exchange
and I wrote a lot of blog postings for Cherie Irwin’s site Photobooth Talk. That site is a wealth of knowledge, and it got started long before FaceBook became the photo boother’s preferred way of asking the same questions time and time again. Some of my articles can be really useful if you can only find them.
So here’s a directory:
- Using the outdoors as your background
- What camera can I use for my photo booth?
- Basic settings for a camera
- Aspect ratios – the shape of your photos
- Hooking up a flash gun to your camera
- All about lighting Part 1
- All about lighting Part 2
- All about lighting Part 3
- All about lighting – Reflectors Umbrellas and Soft Boxes
- Using commercial templates for your strips
- Creating or modifying templates
- Here’s my card – oops, I ran out!
- Your printer won’t let you down if you just…
- Computers for photo booths – (note, this posting is quite dated but includes some good thoughts)
and here’s the entry page for PhotoboothTalk
On site printing is an article I wrote for Shutterbug Magazine. Don’t let the title throw you off, I don’t think printing photos is like printing cash!